Friday, December 5, 2008

Thankfulness

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. On the day of we went to Matt's parents' house to celebrate, which we've discovered more recently to be more comedy than anything. It is so fun getting those brothers together! They feed off each other and before you know it, you have a full-fledged comedy show. It's hilarious and each time I find myself laughing so hard I'm sore. I'm sure in the years to come we will cherish those memories of laughter together. I know I will!
Then, on the Saturday after we had my family over to our house for another wonderful dinner! I SO enjoyed having everyone (except the Bucklins :( together this year. Family together is always good. Which brings me to my next thought: What am I thankful for? Super easy question for me...

* My wonderful husband- I could not ask for anything more! Even though he has his quirks (who doesn't) he is the first best thing in my life. I will never doubt his commitment to me, and he's such a great daddy. He gets better and better every day at everything he does.

* My three healthy, active and sweet children- The second (third, fourth) best things that have ever happened to me. Who would have known I would have such beautiful kids? They are every bit as special to me and I thank God for each one of them.

* My family- Especially with 3 little ones, I couldn't imagine doing it alone! Our families have been our "village" and I value every person who has effected how we've grown as people, parents, friends, etc. It is because of all of you! Thanks to moms, dads, grandmas, sisters & brothers (in-law, too), cousins, aunties, & uncles.

* My friends- I have never been more thankful in my life for the people who've we've chosen as our friends. You all have such a special place in my heart, and in our lives. You are the ones I go to for advice, to talk your ear off, or just bug... So thanks for letting me!

* Our health- So easy to be overlooked, I am SO thankful that we are healthy and happy! Each day goes by I am more and more grateful to God that he has kept us healthy. There are so many sick kids out there, it seems like you hear one sad story after another. I am thankful for TODAY.

We feel so blessed in this day and age to have all that we do, and I don't mean monetarily. After seeing people losing their homes in this recession and the recent fires, all that matters is the people who surround us. I pray that all of you are happy, we love you all!!!

My Thanksgiving table

Place cards
(Aren't they so cute!?!)

1 comment:

cathy said...

Family is always a blessing.  You can have friends and acquaintances in your life, which is wonderful, but when someone lets you down or hurts you, you will always have your family in your corner.  You are all so blessed to have many people in your lives which is comforting and makes life a full circle.  Bless you my baby. Hugs LV Auntie