Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Cheer

I finally got all of the finishing touches done on our Christmas decor, thanks in part to 1) my MOPS party, and 2) a great 60% off sale at Michael's. I am not the traditional 'holly-wreath-and-pine-cone' type of girl, so of course I had to put a small twist on things. I had borrowed Gena's table linens from her bridesmaid's dinner for MOPS (picture soon to come), so I asked if I could use them just a bit longer. I took this idea from the current wedding fad to do a Christmas-themed 'Candy Bar'. It's all the rage at weddings these days to do glass containers filled with candies in the wedding colors so I thought, how cute would it be for Christmas? I got all the glass containers I could find and filled them with red and silver ornaments, candies, and candles. It came out pretty cute, I think, and it's a great treat for guests when they come over!


The Christmas 'Candy Bar'

I decided against getting the whole city out this year so here's just a few neighbors. Of course my favs, the firehouse, chapel and country cottage. Very woodsy feel... add a fire and it's just faaabulous!! Got to love this time of year...

3 comments:

micksmom28 said...

You make me want to barf!!! Just kidding! I wish I had even an ounce of your talent. My house is just sad looking compared to yours.

Anonymous said...

Gosh girl...you gots talent! It's beautiful.

cathy said...

Alyssa Marie, what a simple yet beautiful idea.  It is so creative and child oriented.  Even adults love candy during the holidays.  This year, we are having to be selective because of the little one.  Everything is up high.  Hugs LV Auntie