Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Teeth Hurt

Here are a couple more cakes from my beginning cake decorating class. I mean it when I say my teeth hurt just smelling the frosting anymore! I had a lot of fun in the beginner class, but now I must move on... Bring on the Advanced class baby! I am definitely ready for more than clown heads and rose buds! Who uses those anyways? So I am looking forward to the next few weeks when I can do something more with my new found love. BTW... who's my next volunteer for a practice cake?


This idea was actually inspired from my 'Hello Cupcake' book, I just decided to do it on a cake! The centers of those sunflowers are Oreos... mmmm...

6 comments:

micksmom28 said...

Yeah, it's time to move on. I know you can acheive much more than just rosebuds and scary clowns! Keep at it. My birthday is in a month but no lard frosting please!

cathy said...

Aly these cakes are beautiful.  Isn't it rewarding to see what you can do?  You must have your dad's artistic ability.  Keep up the good work and maybe you can do Tara's wedding cake!!??  HA HAHugs and kissesLV Auntie

Andrea said...

um, I want a cake!!!!!!!1

I love that sunflower cake- beautiful.

George said...

I am ready for ours. Just let me know and I'll pick up some milk!

BTW - I keep showing your cakes to the gals in the office and they think you're amazing.

I confirm it for them ;)

Jazz said...

I'm putting my order in for a "last day of Bachelor's Degree Program" cake! Middle of December sometime...I'll take Amy's lard frosting! You truly do great work.

Grams said...

It must be in the genes! Your cakes are masterpieces. Any samples can be forwarded to "Shady Pines" I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!