Saturday, November 15, 2008

Last Hoorah

Camrym had her last soccer game last weekend and it was a blast! I have to say, we had such a great season this year... so much better than last year! The parents ans coaches were great, not to mention the weather! Cam really seemed like she actually enjoyed it. It's fun to see her improvement, not only physically but mentally. I love seeing the joy in her face when she realizes she can do something. Nothing warms my heart more.
At one of her recent games she scored her first goal. We had kind of a running bet that if she scored a goal she could get Dippin Dots (an overly priced novelty ice cream). Every time she got out on that field she would say, "Mom, I'm gonna get Dippin Dots today!" And every time I would tell her, "OK babe!" So she would try and try and try. It was the perfect shot and the perfect kick into the net that got her first victory, and the second she did, she just looked over at me, shocked, and ran over to me for a HUGE hug. The look of shock and bewilderment on her face was priceless. I swear I almost cried! Later that week she told me "Mom, remember when I scored my goal at soccer? Well when I did, I almost cried." Needless to say, we trecked over to Dippin Dots that day. I think that was the only time I've ever told her to get a BIG one! (Secretly I wanted some too :) And of course it was the day Daddy wasn't there. Next time, I told him.
So here's to a great season, my big girl, and to whatever she decides to do next. (Hopefully I can talk her into dance again!) Don't worry, you will be updated!!

That's Cam in action on the far right!
Camryn playing Goalie
No, I didn't make this one...
These were the gifts we gave all the girls. Blankets with each of their names embroidered on them (Thank you Linda!! I'm so lucky to have such a talented MIL!!)
All the girls at their pizza party. The coach said really nice things about each of them.
Good job Ladybugs!!

1 comment:

Jazz said...

She is the best little lady bug ever!