Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Crazy Cousins

A couple of weeks ago we had the privilege of having Georgie & Gillian over to spend the weekend with us. I always LOVE having them, not only because they help me tremendously, but because they are the most wonderful kids to have around! I love having their influence around my kids and we had such a great time with them. It's also fun to see what our lives are going to be like in a few years... (BUSY!!)

Georgie is now quite the musician (wonder where he gets that from:). He is in band at school playing the saxophone, in a jazz band as well as a ukulele band! He is one crazy talented kid, and manages to run in track and cross country, too! Matt's ran with him a couple of times and calls him a "deer". I tell him it's okay, that he's just getting older...

One of the many times Georgie brought out his guitar (yah, he plays that too) and was just singing with the kids. Our neighbors must have thought there was a concert in our backyard! The kids LOVED it, and they spent a WHILE just listening to him. It was nice for me- I cracked open a window and had great music while I was doing dishes!

I brought out the chalk after we went to the local carnival, and the kids had a great time drawing. I think I still have the "Mac Daddy of Funk" insignia on my driveway... teenagers! :)

...again- TEENAGERS!

Blakey's ready to ride a bike!

He left that darn helmet on the whole time, HA HA!!

Tyler's FAVORITE pastime with his cousin. I think Georgie was probably SO tired of light sabers by the time they left!

My sweet Goddaughter Gillian Rose...
She is getting so big and beautiful, and FUNNY! She has me cracking up all the time- spouting off her little one-liners. You have to ask her to do her 'Anjelah Johnson' routine next time you see her. Kid is hilarious... and the best babysitter!

Jazz and George, you must be SO proud of your kids... I only pray that mine are as sweet, caring, loving, faithful, gentle, committed, helpful and genuinely kind as yours are. Love you guys!!

2 comments:

Jazz said...

It's a great thing...being a cousin! I know I love it a bunch! I was also very blessed with some cool cousins. :) We are very proud of those kiddos and we're always happy to share them. I love that they are all so good to each other! Also, thank you again for having them while we were away. It helps us to know that they're safe and cared for and we can truly be in servant mode for the VdC weekend! Love you!

Unknown said...

I totally missed this blog the first time I was reading your "catch ups" and I think it's so great that you guys got to hang out for the whole weekend. Makes me jealous :)